UPDATE: Effective Immediately (February 13, 2021), we are at Alert Level 5, ALERT LEVEL 5. Burials are limited to no more than 5 FIVE people, including the officiant. Follow all public health measures.
I want you all to know that we have not had any increase in demand for interments at Mount Patricia and operations are running as normal for this time of year.
Due to the Corona-virus Pandemic, however; we, like all other public services, need to adopt policies and be prepared to ensure the public and our employees are protected. In that regard, the Provincial Public Health Emergency regulations will be enforced and no more than FIVE (5) people will be allowed to attend any gathering at Mount Patricia for interments. Subject to Government recommendations which take precedence.
In addition the following procedures are effective immediately and will remain in effect until further notice:
1. Use of Vault
• There will be no storage of remains if the cause of death is COVID-19.
• Any vault request must be accompanied by a confirmation of cause of death.
• We will look at each vault request on a case-by-case basis before approval.
• As per our existing Policy 26 – all remains must be removed from the vault before May 31.
• If a person’s cause of death is COVID-19, cremation is recommended.
• The Columbarium is available for interment of cremains.
• The Provincial Public Health State of Emergency Act regulations will be enforced and no more than FIVE (5) people (including the officiate) will be allowed to attend each interment.
3. Chapel Services
• All Regulations under the Provincial Public Health State of Emergency will be enforced.
• Chapel Services will be held for immediate family only and at a maximum capacity of FIVE (5) people. Subject to Government recommendations which take precedence.
• If the number of burials increase demand dramatically, our General Manager will coordinate with the Funeral Homes a schedule of times for interments each day.
• Until further notice there will be no in-person visits into the office.
• Payment Methods: E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (you need to be set up for online banking), credit card by calling the office to process, or mail cheque to our office, our mailing address is printed on the top of your invoice. A receipt will be mailed to the client.
• The Public washrooms will be temporarily closed to public until further notice.
6. Public Notification
• Updated restrictions will be posted on the front door of the office door, door of the washroom and on the MPC website.
I send you all best wishes and encourage you to look after yourselves and your family at this time. Reach out to others via phone, email, text or video to encourage them and help them cope with any stress they may be feeling.
As things develop over the days and weeks we will keep you updated on a regular basis.
Stay Home, stay safe.
God Bless You All
Lloyd Walters, President